Cricket has always played an important part of life at Ascott. The first cricket match was played at Ascott House on the 28th August 1880 and the tradition has been upheld.
The Ascott Park Cricket Ground is surrounded by trees and is among the most attractive private grounds in England where regular matches are played in summer. It is one of a group similar cricket fields, which include those at Arundel Castle in West Sussex and Torry Hill in Kent, where the late Victorian tradition of country-house cricket continues to flourish.
The cricket ground was laid out by Leopold de Rothschild in 1889. The Rothschild family played a prominent role in the formation of Buckinghamshire County Cricket Club. Buckinghamshire County Cricket Club, formed in 1891, first played at the Ascott Park Cricket Ground in the 1905 Minor Counties Championship against Hertfordshire and continued to play there regularly once a season until 1979. The County first team returned to Ascott Park in 1998 to play a one day fixture and subsequently held a three day match in June 2002.
Today, Ascott Park Cricket Ground is home to the local village cricket team, Wing Cricket Club. Wing Cricket Club have two teams playing in the Morrants Four Counties League, the First XI plays in Division 5 and the Second XI plays in Division 6.
The Coronation Cup, founded in 1953, is a midweek competition for local village clubs. Both the semi finals and the final are staged at Ascott Park Cricket Ground.
The competition was one of the first limited overs competitions to be played in the country. Stewkley Vicarage and Long Marston Cricket Club have won the trophy on more occasions that the other participants and Edlesborough Cricket Club won the 50th Anniversary competition in 2003.